The League of Friends of the Royal United Hospitals (Bath), is a charity registered in England and Wales, registered charity number: 1176686.
Preservation of your privacy is important to the League of Friends of the Royal United Hospitals (Bath) (FRUH) and we are committed to letting you know how we use your personal information and to making only responsible use of your data. This is central to our values as an organisation. We want everyone who supports us, or who volunteers for us, to feel confident about how any personal information they share will be looked after or used.
How we collect personal information about you
We may collect personal information from you when you interact with FRUH. There are many occasions when this could happen, for example: if you enquire about our activities, register with us, make a donation to us, apply for a job or volunteering opportunity, if you choose to provide some optional feedback or otherwise provide us with personal information. This may be when you email or phone us, go onto our website, through the post, or in person.
What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your contact details such as name, date of birth, email address, postal address, National Insurance number, home and/or mobile telephone numbers and financial information (relating only to donations or subscriptions) as well as information you provide in any correspondence between us.
How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide or administer activities relating to all our services: updating you with important administrative messages, to help us identify you when you contact us, and help us to properly maintain our records in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulations 2018;
- Your personal information will only be used to process your requests/enquiries about the FRUH and to provide you with information about our work and fundraising activities which we think you may be interested in if you have previously told us that’s ok;
- The personal information of volunteers will only be used to process applications, manage the volunteer service and provide information we think you may be interested in. This may include sharing your information with the Royal United Hospitals Bath Hospital NHS Foundation Trust;
- We may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law (for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority);
- We will not share your information with any other individuals or organisations for marketing purposes; and
- We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, including how to opt out from future communications – and we promise your request will respected straight away.
You can be confident that:
- We will look after any personal information that you share with us;
- Our office data holdings are secured in line with the Royal United Hospitals Bath Hospital NHS Foundation Trust’s security measures and only accessible to the office administrator, Honorary Secretary and the Trustee involved in Information Management;
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies and secure business processes;
- Communications in connection with the FRUH may be sent by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications (other than payments where applicable) will not be sent in an encrypted form unless you require it and provide the certification to enable us to communicate with you in that way. E-mail unless encrypted is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we endeavour to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects we cannot bear responsibility for all communications being virus-free;
- The retention period for personal data is 2 years. All personal data is reviewed at that time to ensure that we are not holding unnecessary information; and
- We only keep your personal information for as long as is reasonable and necessary
We do not use third party tracking cookies on our website.
If you would like to have a copy of your information holding, for us to correct or update any information, or if you would like information deleted from our records, please email us at email@example.com. Written applications to be sent to Administrator, Friends of the Royal United Hospitals Bath, Department B18 Combe Park, Bath, BA1 3NG