Friends of the Royal United Hospitals (Bath)
Social Media Volunteer
What we are looking for
To strengthen the Communications of the Charity we want to appoint a social media volunteer. We have some exciting plans for the Friends and we want to strengthen our team by recruiting for this position as well as communications and engagement lead to positively represent the organisation.
We need someone who is able to act as the coordinator of our social media activity, auditing and utilising existing channels, creating great content, securing publicity, taking photos and videos and helping to spread the word about the great work the Friends do to help patients of the RUH.
About the Friends of the RUH
The League of Friends of the RUH was established more than 60 years ago. Our aim is to provide amenities and support services for patients that would not otherwise be provided by the NHS or the other statutory bodies.
We run two retail units in the hospital – the convenience shop in the Atrium and the Friends Coffee House. We employ staff and we also provide a range of volunteer services for the hospital and have a volunteer workforce providing support services across the hospital.
Social Media Volunteer
• Ensuring long-term strategic oversight of the organisation’s social media in relation to the overarching goals of the charity.
• To source stories and great engaging content to share on the appropriate channels
• To actively grow our audience, increase engagement and help promote our retail offerings.
• To ensure that opportunities to promote the Friends charity via social media are maximised.
• To provide the Board of Trustees and staff with updates on communication including reporting on coverage and reach on a monthly basis
• To work closely with the volunteer communications and engagement volunteer to develop our communications strategy on a voluntary basis.
• Experience of Social media/communications/public relations or a flair for presenting information in a creative and accessible format.
• Good level of written English.
• Willingness to actively participate in discussions concerning the needs of charity’s communications and ways to increase engagement
• Good IT Skills
• Willingness to act in the best interest of the charity
• Sound, independent judgement and ability to think creatively
• Experience in the charitable or voluntary sector
• Experience in analytics
• We anticipate this will take up to 8 hours a month, not necessarily all at once and we would require the person who is applying to commit to a term of at least a year in order to begin to shape this new role.
All Volunteers are required to provide references, DBS and occupational health clearance before starting to volunteer for us.
If you are interested in applying please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com, and if you have any queries please use the same email address.