We are your convenient, friendly ‘corner shop’ located at the front of the Hospital in the Atrium and run by the Friends of the RUH.
The shop is there for anyone who comes to the hospital either for work, treatment or to visit a patient.
Our Opening Hours
Monday to Friday: 8am – 6pm
Saturday: 11am – 4pm
Sunday: 11am – 4pm
You will find a surprisingly wide selection in the shop including:
- Fresh sandwiches made locally
- Fresh Fruit as part of your ‘five a day’
- Drinks to give you energy
- Healthy COOK frozen foods, that also come in portions for one
- Sweet and Savoury snacks
- Ice Creams
- Tempting confectionery with sugar free options
- Groceries, some gluten free, in the “Pantry”
- Essential toiletries for that unexpected overnight stay in the hospital
- Newspapers and magazines to keep you up to date and entertained
- Cards and small gifts to show you care
Importantly, we do offer a telephone service, where we can deliver to patients on the wards, who are not mobile enough to be able to visit the shop. To order by phone please call 01225 824183. Payment is by card payment only and subject to staff availability.
We are proud that the proceeds from the Friends Shop are regenerated back to the hospital, providing comforts and amenities to our patients and all who use the RUH.
As the shop relies heavily on our volunteers enabling the shop to open 7 days a week, we are always looking for new volunteers to help out and bring cheer in either the shop or the Cafe@B18. Please click here to volunteer.
Help us to Help Others
We are a community of Friends working together to make a difference to the lives of patients and their families. There are over 350 volunteers who help by doing a variety of roles, throughout the hospital.